Saturday 3 April 2010

Kick-Ass (2010)



Format - Cinema
Date - 2 April 2010
Director - Matthew Vaughn

Dave Lizewski is an unnoticed high school student and comic book fan with a few friends and who lives alone with his father. His life is not very difficult and his personal trials not that overwhelming. However, one day he makes the simple decision to become a super-hero even though he has no powers or training. Written by Daniel J. Leary

Thanks to IMdb for the plot summary.

The film starts with the premise of why has nobody ever tried to be a super hero before? You then have Dave who gets a wet suit some baton's and becomes a costumed hero. You have him meeting other costumed heroes and facing off against the big crime boss.

I loved this film it is comedy gold in some parts, a lot of which you get from the trailer but there is a couple of massive laughs that rolled around the cinema which does not happen very often when I go to the cinema. The characters were excellent I did not know going in that this film was based upon a comic book however it worked really well as a film.

The acting in this film was top notch from Aaron Johnson who took the title role, now I am not overly fond of films that go with the geeky teenage boy in the lead role but he plays it very well from his interactions with his friends and the hot girl in the film. Nicholas Cage plays Big Daddy and this would normally have been the lead role but the story is approached at from Kick-Ass point of view. He is almost a cameo but plays it quite well, I do think that a different actor would have got it better as all I thought was oooh Nic Cage and he gets to play a super hero. The best turn for me came from Chloe Moretz as Hit Girl she was sassy and well suited for the part, I have to say that her performance in this does give me hope for the upcoming remake of "Let the Right One In".

I would totally recommend this film to everybody, the only warning I would give is that there is some pretty extreme violence in it and some strong language but I think everybody is aware of that from the attention it has been getting.

I would give this 4/5 Kick-Ass costumed heroes.

Let me know if you have seen it and your thoughts on it, any feedback on my thoughts greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment