Thursday 8 September 2011

Rio (2011)


So after playing Angry Birds Rio I finally watched the animated film about the Blue Macaws. Now this is another film that got the Orange sponsorship in British Cinemas and based upon my timing regime when it came on I went to the bathroom to make sure that I could get through the film in one sitting, what can I say weak bladder. So I had a preconception that they were simply in for sponsorship and this made me not really that fussed for the film when I got a chance to see it. You have your story which is Blu who is stolen from Rio, taken to the US where he is lost and then found by Linda a little girl who looked after him and raised him from a chick. He is found by a Brazilian bird lover who wants to take him to Rio to breed with Jewel the only female Macaw left in Brazil.

So basically you have 2 love stories between Blu, voiced by Jess Eisenberg and Jewel, voiced by Anne Hathaway and Linda, voiced by Leslie Mann and Dr Barbosa, voiced by Gracinha Leporcae and overall there is a lot of fun humour that ensues from a fish out of water. With your domesticated Americanised bird being reintroduced to his home country and the clash of cultures. I think that overall this is a visually attractive film with some stunning scenery and the colours and images are good to look at. The kids will love some of the jokes and the battle between Birds and monkeys and the bad bird Nigel, voiced by Jermaine Clement is actually a really good baddie I enjoyed it when he was involved in the story. With the voice cast of Jane Lynch, George Lopez, Wanda Sykes and Thomas F Wilson involved it was enjoyable fare.

This film is not to bad it is nothing that special and after one watch I do not really need to revisit this film, though I would not be against a re-watch. Overall if you enjoy animated films aimed at kids then you will enjoy this film a good 3 stars from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment