Thursday 7 June 2012

Rosemary's Baby (1968)





This horror film from the swinging sixites, follows Mia Farrow and John Cassavetes as a young couple who move to a new apartment. When they meet their new neighbours they discover some strange goings on and when Mia Farrow who play's Rosemary falls preganant she soon becomes paranoid and worried that her neighbours maybe after her baby. Through her panic and half remembered dreams you get a picture of what is happenineg and with her you try to piece together what is actually real and what is imagination.


This film is considered a horror film but as some commentators have said it is more dark thriller with a possible supernatural element, depends how you view the film. I felt tense when watching the film and was eager to get to the end to see how Roman Polanski would end the film, I have to say that the ending blew my mind and I was very happy with the way that story went. Adapted from a book I think I may actually look the book up and give it a go.

This film is hard to rate as I normally only ever give 5 star ratings to films I have seen many times and know I will go back to, or that I have a soft spot for due to more than just the film by itself. I think for the first time I will give a film I have seen for the first time a 5 star recommend. I think that anyone who enjoys the darker side of film should give this film a go and let me know if you enjoyed it as much as I did the first time I saw it. 

2 comments:

  1. Interesting review, Haven't seen it in ages need to watch it after reading your post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, I really enjoyed watching it and actually want to re-watch it quite soon again.

    ReplyDelete