Sunday 5 August 2012

The Godfather (1972)



The classic gangster film from the 70’s based upon the book by Mario Puzo it follows the Corleone family, starting at the wedding of the daughter where you get to meet all the family from the Father played by Marlon Brando to the boys played by James Caan as Sonny and Al Pacino as Michael with Robert Duvall as Tom Hagen. You follow the family as Don Vito Corleone makes offers to people that they cannot refuse while he does the business.

This is considered by many as one of the greatest films of all time, it reaches the top spot in many of the countdowns of greatest films of all time. I have to be honest, this is the second time I have watched this film and it must be the hype as I really enjoyed it but failed to see how it can be considered such a classic. I was very disappointed and feel I must have missed something and would really like someone to explain why it is so great.

I have the second part to watch and maybe as someone said this will complete why these films are considered some of the greatest films of all time. Well enough of my uncultured ranting about the greatest film of all time. I did enjoy it and would recommend that everybody sees it, I will have to revisit my thoughts after seeing the second part but at the moment this is a solid 6 out of 10 for me.

Would really appreciate people putting me right on this as I feel I am missing something and even though I did enjoy it I feel let down by it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment