Thursday 2 August 2012

Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994)



The final instalment in the Nightmare on Elm Street from Wes Craven, that takes a different angle completely to the previous films. This is based in the real Life and follows Helen Langenkamp playing herself with her husband and son and other stars from the previous films popping up including Robert Englund and Wes Craven himself. The idea is that a demon has taken the form of Freddy Kreuger and is coming through in to the real world.


An interesting idea however it does not really work for me, firstly Helen Langenkamp is a horrible actress, I am sure that she is a wonderful person but it really brings in how bad she is in the first Nightmare film and the other sequels she is in. Overall I as not pulled in though the idea seems to make logical sense but even though it was supposed to be real life it felt very scripted and it may actually have been better to go with the haunting of a new sequel, done before but would work.

I was not that impressed with the film, Robert Englund came across really well but then I think he is actually a very good actor and have been impressed every time I have seen him. Wes Craven looked like a Director reading lines and I have said enough about Helen. Not a great film and not worth seeing only 3 out of 10 for me on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment