Saturday 4 August 2012

The Hills Have Eyes 2 (2007)


The 2007 follow up to the remake of the Wes Craven horror film that this time follows a group of trainee soldiers as they are on a training mission in the area occupied by the family that took care of the family from the first film. I have not seen the sequel to the original film that came out in 1985 and do not know if this is a remake of that or a straight sequel to the 2007 film which I reviewed here.

This film is annoying, the characters are stupid and I have no idea how any of them got to be in the army at all. There are very few names you will recognise and to me it is just another sequel/remake/horror film churned out for the cash that it might generate. You have Michael McMillan, Jessica Stroup, Jacob Vargas, Flex Alexander, Daniella Alonso basically playing generic roles that include the clown, the chief and the girl that is tough as nails but not really. Even though they are aware what is happening they still make stupid decisions that lead to problems for themselves.

This film is barely worth watching, perhaps some of the kills are inventive if a bit predictable, but I could not remember the following day that I had seen this film when asked what I had watched at the weekend which sums up how bad it was. Now the effects and direction were okay but apart from that and a few scenes there was nothing worth watching this film for at all, well that I can remember. So this is a 2 out of 10 seriously avoid from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment