Wednesday 17 August 2011

Disappearance of Alice Creed (2009)


This low budget British thriller sort of slipped under the radar of most people but it was brought to my attention by somebody I trust so i thought it would be worth risking even though on reading about it i was not that enamoured by the idea of it. Your story is Alice played by Gemma Arteton is kidnapped by Vic and Danny and there is your entire cast list. This is a character driven piece and it is encapsulating, you have the relationship between Alice and her captors and then between the captors.

I have to say that I loved it, the interplay between all of the characters is fantastic and the basic story is simple and detailed with enough points that you stay interested and want to see it play out to fruition and the payoff is fantastic and I have to say i loved the ending. The way the story played out worked so well for me that it blew my mind it made me sit up and go yes!

This is a shining 5 star recommend from me. I think that everybody that likes film should give it a watch as more films like this need to be made.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed this as much as I did. It was my favourite film of last year. Some of the best acting I've seen in a tight background.

    ReplyDelete