Saturday 14 May 2011

The Kings Speech (2010)


After all of the Oscar hype surrounding this film I had to go and see it even though I had no real interest in the subject matter, I have to say that I am very glad that I did see it as it was awesome, it was funny and entertaining and keeps you engrossed. Colin Firth was fantastic as King Bertie and Helena Bonham-Carter also played a brilliant part as the Queen Mother however the star of the show for me was Geoffrey Rush, he was phenomenal as the speech therapist.

I would really like to know the accuracy of this story as it all seems really fantastic and I am sure that there is some dramatic license used. The film as a whole is an excellent piece of entertainment with what appears to be some good historical facts and characters.

This is a worthy Oscar film and gets the 5 star royal seal of approval from me, if you have not yet had a chance to see the film it is well worth seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment