Saturday 11 June 2011

Battle Royale (2000)

Have been waiting to see this film for a few years, it was on the TV so I set the recorder and managed to sit down and watch it, I was not fully disappointed, I was not blown away as I was expecting to be and I think that this was the high expectations I had for this film. I did enjoy it and the action and effects were awesome, the idea while highly implausible was carried out with great belief and you had a reality within the film. The main issue I had was possibly a cultural or attention thing because I missed how the story got to it's conclusion and the real point of it, but I think that was more to do with me and in a re-watch which will happen shortly I will endeavour to pick up what I missed.

I the idea while interesting is very implausible and I did think that the world they showed did not show how they got to the state that they had to instigate the BR Act, also it had been happening for a few years but the whole class were all very surprised when they woke up so the set up of the film was a bit lost on me.

I will give my first watch of Battle Royale 3 stars, I get the hype and did enjoy it but there were some flaws that I could not get over in my first viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment