Monday 27 June 2011

Gulliver's Travels (2010)


So this film was the second film to carry the Orange sponsorship before films where the actors did a bit about phone advertising with the slogan don't let a mobile ruin your film in UK cinemas. I used it as timing to go to the toilet and so the joke with this film when I watched it was that I would need to go to the toilet all the time when i saw Jack Black. To be honest I would have been better going to the toilet several times during this film. So you have Jack Black taking on the titular role and doing what he normally does with the zany comedy that you either like or loathe.

I seem to loathe it, however I did not hate all of this film, there were some good performances by some good British actors including Catherine Tate, Billy Connolly and James Corden you also have good performances from Jason Segel, Emily Blunt, Amanda Peet and Chris O'Dowd. This is a kids film though and you get that from the jokes and the nature of what Jack gets up to. To be honest I did not really enjoy it and would not recommend it.

So only 1 star for me and even for the kids it is not worth the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment