Wednesday 29 June 2011

The Green Lantern (2011)


Firstly I am a massive Ryan Reynolds fan I have to say that apart from some of the writing surrounding his previous characters I have enjoyed his performance in everything he has done. I am not a big Comic book fan and have no knowledge of the Green Lantern at all, so going in cold I was interested to see what it was all about. I think that as a stand alone film it is alright, there is nothing that startling or original in it and as with all origin movies there is a lot of set up and a couple of bad guys with little development thrown in.

My biggest problem with the characters which were played by Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively, Tim Robbins and Peter Sarsgaard which were all played pretty well, the characters all knew each other really well with no explanation about who knew who for what reason. The performances in this were good and I enjoyed what they did, however overall the film lacked something for me. Possibly it was my lack of knowledge of the universe or maybe just the predictability of super hero films that you know where they end up.

This is enjoyable but only worth 3 stars from me, I think that had it been darker and really not just aimed at the kids then this could have been pretty interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment