Thursday 9 June 2011

The Hangover Part II (2011)


I had high hopes for this film after seeing the original film a couple of times, I have to say that I was slightly disappointed with it. A couple of the best gags are shown in the promotional material and the trailer. Also it is made clear if you see the material and the trailer it is basically the same film done again.

How they do it is very clever and the formulae for the first one is so good so why change a winning formulae. The premise is obviously a bit further from plausible as they are wary of what happened the first time. To me the comedy is a lot darker than the first and actually very close to the bone and if you like a bit of cringe then it will do for you. Some of the jokes are absolutely hilarious and will have tears running down your face but some do make your toes curl.

I give this 3 stars it is a darker rehash of the first film but if you liked the first then you will love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment