Saturday 30 April 2011

Let Me In (2010)


This film is the US remake of Let the Right One in, I loved the original and was apprehensive about seeing this. Even though all of the hype I heard was that it was good, as well as not liking based on true stories I also am not a big fan of remakes. However I have to say that this film was a pleasant surprise, it is not a direct shot for shot remake but is basically the same story as the original.

I have to say that I am a massive fan of Chloe Moretz and I look forward to seeing what she does in the future and when I see her name attached to anything I will go and see it. Kodi Smit-McPhee is also very good, he really captured what the character needed and again I look forward to his future career. I think it was massively important that they secured the child actors as the original was so good because of that and they got it so right.

I give this film 4 stars, the only reduction is due to the fact that it is a remake of an awesome film and was not really needed but is still worth seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment