Saturday 23 April 2011

Scream 4 (2011)



Cinema April 18th 2011

I love the Scream series, 3 is a weak installment and it pushes the bounds of what the first 2 achieved for me. In hearing that 4 was coming I was excited, the original film was to me the start of new horror films that it was to everybody else. And I was interested to see what they would do bringing the series back with it being within the hands of Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson.

Right from the start and the opening scene I was hooked in and did not see the start coming and it was great. The overall film itself was a bit predictable in what was going to happen and I guessed some of the end, however I did enjoy what they did with the whole film.

As a lover of the series I give this installment 4 stars, it will not appeal to everyone however if you have an enjoyment of the Scream series then you will enjoy this film.

1 comment:

  1. OK, so I have seen it today...
    I kind of enjoyed it... I loved the beginning, thought the middle was too long, too slow but loved the last 20 minutes or so.
    I kind of guess part of it but not all of it which was good.
    This being said I hope they won't make a Scream 5...

    ReplyDelete