Friday 1 April 2011

The Social Network (2010)



In-Flight Movie on Demand, 31st March 2011

I avoided this film for the longest time, due to the fact that David Fincher scares me, I loved Fight Club, Se7en was a strange film I need to re-watch and Zodiac annoyed me because of the outcome, true story what can you do. I liked the alternative cut for Alien 3 but every time I hear David finchers name I get scared so I stayed away. And again on the flight home today I got a chance to see it for free, what are you gonna do so I pressed play.

I was not disappointed it is an awesome film, I am really unsure how I am supposed to feel about Mark Zuckerburg, he is rich and powerful, and he does not seem to care, he appeared to seriously screw over his best friend, he could not have got where he was without Eduardo but listened to others. This is of course if the film of "Facebook" is to be believed.

If you have the slightest interest in Facebook, the creation of it or even just good movies then you should see this film, it is an exploration and if half of what it depicts as truth is right I finally have the 5th member of my ultimate dinner party in the guise of Mark Zuckerburg as he seems to be an interesting character and I would really like to speak to him and understand his motivations and also find out what really happened.

I give this film 4 stars out of 5, it loses as star as it is "based on a true story" and I never really trust these films, however it did not actullay state this at the start of the film. See it if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment