Monday 4 April 2011

Tucker & Dale Vs Evil (2010)




Horror Hound Weekend Indianapolis, 26th March 2011.

I saw this film when on holiday at the Horror Hound Weekend, Horror convention based in Indianapolis, IN. This is a festival that show for short films, unreleased and amateur films and Tucker & Dale vs Evil was there as well.

This film is awesome and it is hilarious, it is College kids go to the woods and meet Hillbillies but you get to follow the Hillbillies, Tucker and Dale. The two groups run into each other throughout the film and shenanigans ensue.

This is a dark comedy and I laughed so much throughout it. I think that part of this is due to the atmosphere I was surrounded by slightly drunk, horror loving Americans and it was a reactive piece. The only problem was that some of the effects had not been completed and also there were a group of idiots sitting beside us talking and being distracting.

When this film gets the wide release it deserves (fingers crossed) I will go and see it in the cinema and hopefully the crowd that time will be better behaved but they will still laugh at the funny scenes. I am going to give the film 5 stars as it was very funny and gory and hit all the right marks and it would be unfair to mark it down because of the audience I saw it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment