Thursday 21 July 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (2010)


preparation for the final part of this saga coming to the cinema I decided to watch the first part again, I think that it is only fair to put all my cards on the table regarding these films and books. I love everything about them, even the worst film or book in the series is still really good to me. I have seen all of the films in the cinema and I own all of the films that have been released, all of the films have been watched more than once as well. So when this film was coming out I was very nervous as the final book is my favorite and the best decision I heard was that it was going to be done in 2 parts.

They captured everything almost perfectly in my eyes, there are a few things they could have done slightly differently that would have been easy enough and just made it fully perfect for me. Watching it again I knew what was going to happen and how they were going to do it and still they emotion bubbled up in me at the points that were sad and the exciting bits. Somehow they manage to make the scenes of risk work and you still feel the peril which is usually lost when you have read the book or seen the film before.

The only real flaw in this film for me as it is the 7th film it is not stand alone, there is so much happening in the books and film that there is little to no exposition so you would have to have invested in all of the previous films. Therefore it is a 5 star film for me and I would recommend it but only if you have seen all of the other installments.

No comments:

Post a Comment