Friday 1 July 2011

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)


So after seeing the 4th film at the cinema I decided to view the original 3 again and so I started with the original as you would, you can see my original review of it here. This time was a bit muted for me, I didn't enjoy it the same as I have before as I know now where it goes and that just depresses me. The acting and story are still pretty interesting with Johnny Depp stealing the show.

The music in this series is brilliant and stirs you every time you hear it and it gets you involved in the action but I have to say that had this series ended at 1 I would have had a lot more respect for the original. You can see what they wanted to achieve with this film and they did achieve that and leaving it at that would have been fine.

This is actually only 3 stars for me now, it is worth seeing to see what Captain Jack is like and the love story between Keira Knightly and Orlando Bloom but stop it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment