Sunday 24 July 2011

Your Highness (2011)


This is another film that I had wanted to see at the cinema pretty much because Natalie Portman was in it and I enjoyed watching Natalie Portman, the rest of the film was laughable and not in the good comedy way. I have no idea where this film came from, it was like a gaudy comedy that decided to go for the R rating in the USA and to hang with making sure it was funny. James Franco was fine in the role he played and the supporting cast were okay but Danny McBride was just wrong in so many ways, it was like I want to write a film where I am the star and for some reason they let him make it.

The jokes were poor and the story itself would have been funny had I been stoned, I was straight and really it felt painful. Part of the problem was that they ended up getting more stars than they knew what to do with and they did not get a chance to do what they were good at. Portman was sort of like, well we will ask her, she will probably say no and for some reason she said yes and they were like wow, now what do we do?

I would say avoid this unless you are into lowest common denominator comedy and are perpetually stoned cause then I think you will find it funny, a very disappointing 1 star film for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment