Thursday 7 July 2011

I Am Number 4 (2011)

I had thought that I would like to see this film for a while when it came out, the premise was bit dubious to me, they hunt them down and kill them in order? Really? Anyway it must come from a series of books if not then it is not a very good film, there is a lot that is not really explained very well and it is almost like well you have read the book so you know what is happening. It sort of loses it from there, I think on hindsight that it is trying to treat the audience with a bit of respect and saying to them if you think about it, you will see that it all makes sense.

In essence this is an alien teen movie as in teen who is an alien moving schools, getting through high school, meeting girls dealing with bullying and the right thing to do but they are also from another planet. It achieves this but without anything truly special happening, while I do not like to much exposition I have to say that some more here would have been helpful to me.

I actually think that I will have to watch this again to see if I get more from it as I appear to have missed something but at the moment this is a 2 star film and probably not worth seeing.

** Upon investigation after writing the review, yes it is a book and is a proposed 6 series run, they would have been better waiting for the rest of the series to come out before rushing to make the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment