Friday 27 July 2012

Blade Trinity (2004)



The third in the Blade series sees Wesley Snipes return as Daywalker, this times he teams up with Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Beale, the Trinity. This time they are up against the original source of all the vampires, Dracula, or Drake as he is called in this film, portrayed by Dominic Purcell who I first saw in Prison Break.

This film uses Ryan Reynold’s comedy timing to excellent advantage and even if I say so myself he does look very good, I think I might have a man crush on Mr Reynolds. Anyway the main bad guys are Parker Posey and Callum Keith Rennie as brother and sister vampires supported by Paul Levesque, better known as Triple H as the main henchman, with his dogs, just weird. Overall this film goes for the comedy aspect more than any serious story, not slapstick but a lot of one-liners and jokes, there is still the cool action with the fighting scenes.

I really like this film but think that it falls closer to guilty pleasure rather than a very good film. Ryan Reynolds is excellent and very likeable and Jessica Beale just looks very good, Snipes is a bit quieter and think that he must have been contracted for the third film. This is a 7 out of 10 for me but I know that it is tainted by my enjoyment of the film or maybe just Mr Reynolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment