Monday 9 July 2012

The Wizard Gore (2007)



Starring Kip Pardue and Crispin Glover this is a weird twisted little film that sees Pardue a reporter investigating Glover who plays Montag the Magnificent, a magician that selects women from the audience gruesomely dismembers them and then shows it to be an masterful Illusion, that is until the women start turning up dead.


This film is pretty stupid and is another of the cheap bulk horror films that are thrown out about once a week and are barely worth the paper they are written on. This one drew my attention as it starred Crispin Glover and Kip Pardue who are not terrible actors. Jeffrey Combs and Brad Dourif also make an appearance but ultimately it is not enough to make that much of an impact on me other than the fact that I thought it was a pointless piece of trash.


Overall apart from the execution of the story there really is not that much to write home about the acting is adequate and the effects are passable but unless you are massively into watching any old horror film I would give this one a miss, 1 star from me. 

1 comment:

  1. I saw this film earlier this year and I'm not really sure what to make of it. It's clearly made with a lot of love and enthusiasm but I also found it extremely convoluted and stupid at times. Crispin is fine as Montag and I thought Kip played the (purposely) annoying trust-fund brat who's stuck in the 1940s for whatever reason very well. But both have done better work elsewhere. I would also give this one a pass.

    ReplyDelete