Saturday 28 July 2012

Sherlock Holmes 2: A Game of Shadows (2011)



The sequel to the 2009 film from Guy Ritchie starring Robert Downey jnr, Jude Law, Noomi Rapace, Rachel McAdams, Jared Harris and Stephen Fry, I reviewed the original here. I really enjoyed the first film, I was unsure if the second which promised to be much the same based upon the trailers before seeing, so I was not expecting too much from it.

You follow Holmes again expertly played by Robert Downey Jnr as he tries to track Moriarty and you come to see where he is when Dr Watson played by Jude Law tracks him down. Then all over Europe they go chasing shadows and ending up at a conference on world peace at the Reichenbach Falls. This film follows on nicely from the original and based upon some of the Holmes stories I have now read and one of the made for TV films I watched this is an excellent adaptation and continuation of the series and as Mark Kermode says it is really nice to see Guy Ritchie find something he is truly excellent at making.


If you enjoyed the first you will probably enjoy this film more and as I fall heartily in to that camp I am happy to give this a resounding 8 out of 10. The support from Moriarty played by Jared Harris and Noomi Rapace playing Madam Simza Heron you really have a great film, I have to say that the ending is a Hollywood cop-out and the only thing stopping this being a 9 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment